Cruise VS Nursing

In January we are going on  this.....
I have to stop nursing Isaac with in the next month! I am really having a hard time thinking that pretty soon I won't be nursing him anymore. I don't mind nursing. I love the bond that I get with him. See with Andrew it was easy....he just stopped at 10 months. He didn't care for it anymore. In a way I wish that Isaac would do the same. Today I started giving him a bottle of almond milk instead of nursing before his nap. I was surprised at how well he did with taking the bottle. The one thing  I worry about the most is night times. He still wakes up at least once if not twice a night to nurse to go back to sleep. I know he shouldn't be doing this still but I don't mind it and it's fast and easy. That will be the hardest thing to do is to not nurse at nights. 
I am so nervous to leave my baby and 2 year old for 8 days! That's normal right? I know they will be well taking care of. They love their grandparents. But Andrew will know that we are leaving. He understands a little better as to whats going on. I just know I am going to be crying when we leave them! I know the time will go by fast and it will be so nice to not have kids so we can do what we want to. But it will be so hard for me. Maybe when I stop nursing Isaac in the next while it won't be AS hard for me to leave him?. 
When I think about us leaving my stomach starts to turn and i feel all nervous. I know Heavenly Father will watch over us and them that we will be safe and will make it home okay. I guess maybe I need more reasurrance  that everything will be okay. 

Wish me luck



3 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Girl! You're going on a cruise?!!!

The pros so outweigh the cons so keep your chin up and ENJOY!

Love, Brianne

Amber Blair said...

You'll be fine. But I totally understand. I haven't left my girls for more than one night at a time, so it would be way hard, but you can do it!! Brian and I want to go on a cruise next year too. If you stop nursing Isaac at night, he won't wake up to nurse anymore. That's what I had to do with Mayelyn so she would start sleeping all the way through the night. I just started going and holding her for a little bit instead of nursing her, then started just laying her back down and she eventually just stopped waking up all together. Then it was heaven!!
I think you'll actually really enjoy not having to nurse anymore. I felt/feel so free not being prego or nursing right now, it's the best!!

Ben said...

First of all...I want to go on a cruise, I am so jealous! Second of all I am a certified big baby when it comes to leaving my kids. I have never left them for more than a night and I know that it would be hard to do, and my kids are big! :) I am sure that once you leave and get there...you will have fun and might even "forget" about the kiddos, for a little while! It will be good for you to get some alone time and not have to worry about being a "mommy" for a few days. ENJOY! P.S. I would totally cry too, like a big ole baby, and Ben would probably just laugh at me! :)