Isaac is finally here........

It all started on Monday the 1st of March 2010. The hospital called me at 6:15 AM and asked for us to be there at 7:00 AM to be induced. We dropped Andrew off at our wonderful friend Ashleys house and headed there. The first thing Dr.Lamorauex did was he broke my water then they gave me the wonderful Pitocin to get my contractions going. Then i had the epidural not too much longer but it took them almost a hour to put it in. The first lady was having a hard time getting it in my back. She kept poking me and poking me and finally got it in but then she needed to take it out a little and the whole thing fell out! I just started to bawl because I hate getting the epidural but I love the effect it gives. I was so nervous already to get it and then she said she had to do it all over. The numbing part is the worst part ever. So, she had another guy come in to help her because I was feeling the pressure more on the right side of my spine. He came in and had a little trouble but he got it in with in about 15 minutes. After about 30 minutes I started to feel numb from my feet to my chin. I kept coughing because my throat felt part numb. They then had to come and turn off the epidural machine completely for 30 minutes. Then I got it turned back on because i was dialated to a 7 and started to feel my contractions. Then I started to feel so much pressure and knew it wasnt just contractions it was Isaacs head. Sure enough the doctor came in and he went to check me and Isaacs head was right there. He was ready to come out right then! I had him at 12:45 PM. He weighed 7lbs 60z and 19 inches long. He has lots of dark hair. He is so much smaller than Andrew was. We are both doing great and are both healthy!

11 comments:

Stephanie Cowan said...

Congrats Brit and Chad. I can't wait to meet him.

Rae said...

Your experience sounds like mine with Ethan (multiple pokes) and Emily (numbing up..not down). I'm glad that everything turned out well for you guys! I can't wait to see the handsome little man!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Babies are so happy! Isaac is a great name too, my brother has it, and he turned nine today! I am so glad he made it, and your both healthy. Hoooray! :)

Amy Twitty Photography said...

Yea I am so excited for you guys! Congrats, I bet he is beautiful.

Amber Blair said...

Good grief girl, next time just don't get the epidural k!! That's exactly why I DON'T do it!! I'm so glad he's here finally and can't wait to see him next weekend!!

Rhett and Jenteal said...

congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures.

Kariann said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures of him!! Glad you both are doing well...Love his name!! :)

Atkinsons said...

Congratulations! Glad you both are doing well!

The Campbells said...

Congrats! Love the name Isaac! So glad to hear he arrived safely and healthy! Can't wait to see pictures!

Charlotte said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. Good luck with the first month!

Jenna Marie said...

Great Work! Can't wait to see pictures! :) We love the name Isaac also! We're using it for our next boy! :) CONGRATS!