Cruise or not cruise?

I need some advice.........
Chad and I have a great opportunity to go on a cruise that is all paid for in January. We had the same opportunity two years ago when Andrew was only 10 months old and we didn't go because I was still nursing and way too scared to leave Andrew here. Since I had both my boys around the same time of year...it's the exact same problem. Isaac will be 10 months old and I will be nursing as well. I want to go on the cruise so bad and Chad says he is going without me no matter what. :)
So, I found out as far as the cruise ship goes we can take Isaac with us. Which by the way we are going on the new Oasis ship that came out last year!
The question is......do I go and take Isaac with us or do I go with out Isaac and stop nursing or do I just not go at all?? I know pretty much all of you will say for me to just go...but i'm having a hard time thinking about leaving Andrew let alone both boys and stop nursing.
What do you think??????

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Rick and I just took Eli with us on a Cruise in January and we had a blast. The crew loves babies and he got spoiled with attention. It would have definitely been easier without a baby, but we still had fun!

Lori Collett said...

Can't you start storing breast milk in the freezer? Then you wouldn't have to stop breast feeding, and you could go on the cruise without your little ones. Just make sure Isaac can take a bottle before you leave :) Or you could take him with you, but you should definitely go!

Em said...

I had this same opportunity to go on a cruise when Cru was only 6 months and I wasn't about to give up nursing so I took my pump with me (kinda a pain but sooooo worth it) and had my mom give him the frozen stuff for a few days. We had so much fun and now we have great memories and so does my mom. You should go who knows when you can do it again. It was hard leaving him though so I do understand that.

Brooke & Ryan said...

If it were me I would absolutely go and take the baby. One little baby is not so hard and I think you still need them as much as they need you even at ten months. Andrew will be so fine staying behind. He might even have more fun than you.

PB&JDensley said...

I vote for the freezing your milk and just going. A cruise is SO amazing and so romantic. It would be different with a baby. Not that it wouldn't be fun but you always need to rekindle the romance with the hubby! Go have fun! 10 months, he'll do fine! You'll all have fun, and miss each other! But you'll enjoy the moments when you're all back together again.

Unknown said...

Hey Brit! How exciting!! I think kids are so busy at 10 mo. if you really want to enjoy your cruise I'd leave him with someone you trust and some frozen mommy's milk. Then take along a hand pump if you need it while you're there. Time away with the husband, without the kiddos can be priceless! Sounds like the perfect opportunity.

Unknown said...

I will suggest you a cruise vacation, i bet that you and your family will have lots of fun on the cruise. There are lots of activities you can do on the cruise.
family cruises